England have announced a new sponsorship deal with leading sports giant Nike, who will feature on the first England Nike design in spring of next year, ending the associations partnership with Umbro.
Nike will become just the third shirt designers for the England national team having also wore Admiral shirts in the past.
The partnership includes the following elements:
- Supplying kit and match-balls to all of Club England’s 24 football teams at every level, including the men’s national teams, women’s, Futsal, disability and amateur
- Sponsorship and support of St. George’s Park, the home of the National Football Centre in Burton-upon-Trent, which in addition to hosting the England Senior team will train and develop a generation of coaches, referees and medical staff every year
- Supporting partner of Wembley Stadium, the home of English football
- Supporting partner for The FA Cup, supplying match balls for every round of the world’s most famous cup competition
- Supply of product to County FAs.
FA General Secretary Alex Horne said: “I am delighted that The FA has secured this new wide-ranging and comprehensive partnership with Nike.
“It is an extremely exciting time for both parties with the opening of St. George’s Park this year and The FA’s 150th anniversary in 2013.
“I would also like to place on record our gratitude to Umbro and their significant contribution to the game, The FA and England teams, over a 60-year period.”
Nike Brand President Charlie Denson added: “The pride and passion of England fans is renowned throughout the football world and we are delighted to partner with The FA.
“We look forward to supporting England teams at every level with innovative product technology and playing our part to help develop the future of English football through our support of St. George’s Park.”